The test setup:
Here are the different components that equip our test platform. For the publication of these tests, I used the latest BIOS received although new versions will certainly be available in the days to come. Asus being very reactive on the update of its BIOS.
We will also propose you in the coming weeks several overclocking guides for your processor but also for your memory kit with this APEX model.
- Motherboard : ROG Maximus Z790 APEX (BIOS Beta 0031)
- Processor: Intel i9-13900K
- Memory : 32 GB Teamgroup Delta RGB 7200 MT/s CL34
- Graphics Card: MSI GT 710
- Cooling system : Optimus Foundation + 480 mm EK radiator
- SSD : Western Digital SN850 NVMe SSD M.2
- Power supply : be quiet! Dark Power PRO 12 1500w
- Operating system: Windows 11 64 bits
- Display: ROG PG27UQ
A quick tour through CPU-Z to make sure everything is in order before we start our tests. We notice that with this version 2.03.0, our i9-13900K is perfectly recognized as well as the DDR5 memory. Now that our configuration is ready, let’s see if the BIOS is correct for the frequencies of our i9-13900K.