The last word :
A little bomb, that’s how we could qualify this ROG Crosshair X670E Gene from Asus. Once again Asus has done an excellent job and it’s a pleasure to welcome the AMD chipset for the first time on the Gene series. As we hinted in the introduction, even though we are on a micro-ATX format, this motherboard has all the makings of a great one and is ultra complete. From an overclocking point of view, all the tools are inserted on the PCB to put you in the best conditions to overclock your Ryzen 7000. Well, if we were to have one regret, we would have liked to have two BIOS.
The brand’s team of engineers and in-house overclockers have been on the warpath for several weeks now to provide BIOS patches as quickly as possible. We have received no less than six BIOSes in one week, each time with visible changes. Tools for overclockers are also already available, such as MemtweatIt for example.
The only unknown at the moment is the price, which in my opinion is likely to be quite high based on the rumors we have heard. On the Asus side, we are told that the recommended price is 669.90 euros. This price is already very high and we will have to compare it to the competition when the shops display the prices of the X670E cards.
ROG Crosshair X670E Gene:
- A very powerful power supply
- LN2 mode for testing under liquid nitrogen
- The numerous DDR5 profiles in the BIOS to clock the memory
- The “tools” inserted on the PCB to facilitate extreme overclocking
- The reactivation of Asus to offer new bios to overclockers
- The presence of two PS/2 slots for clocking under XP
- Q-Release button to free your graphics card
- The ROG True Voltician USB oscilloscope
- The micro-ATX format and the presence of two memory slots
We would have liked :
- Two BIOS on this model
- The price ?
It’s a real coup for this little bomb and the first AMD motherboard to enter the “Gene” series. In the end, one wonders why Asus didn’t do it earlier. With this ROG Crosshair X670E Gene, you get all the tools you need to get the most out of your new Ryzen 7000 on a compact board. Asus continues to innovate with each generation and the engineering team is doing a lot of work behind the scenes to deliver new BIOS very quickly. Thanks to Asus France for providing this sample.