The test configuration:
As we said in the introduction, we have just completed a full upgrade of our test setup to Alder Lake, DDR5 and Windows 11. This is the first card we will officially test on this new configuration. Of course, all our previous cards have been retested on this configuration in order to update our various charts.
- Motherboard : ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
- Processor: Intel Alder Lake i7-12700KF
- Memory : 32 GB Corsair Platinum RGB 5200 CL38 DDR5
- Graphics Card : Asus RTX 3070 Noctua OC
- Cooling system : ROG Ryujin II 360
- SSD: Western Digital Black SN750 2 TB + EKWB heatsink
- Power supply: Corsair AX1600i
- Operating system: Windows 11 64 bits
- Display: Asus PG27UQ
Our test protocol :
All cards are tested at stock frequencies and without any optimisation. For the various benchmarks, both synthetics and games, we will opt for 1080p, 1440p and 2160p resolutions depending on the card’s performance. As you can see, we have switched to Windows 11 and we have enabled the “ReSize BAR” in the BIOS as you can see in these screenshots.
Now that you know everything about our test setup, it’s time to get started!